With the recent development of Westquay South which adjoins Westquay Shopping Centre, there is now a large range of job opportunities available in hospitality and customer service.
The service provides advice and free training (subject to criteria) covering food hygiene, customer service and key skills.
The scheme aims to help those who are 16+ and unemployed or who have recently been made redundant to secure a job.
Launch your career in Retail
You can find your ideal retail employment opportunity with our QuickStart Employment Services (QES) organisation that has joined forces with Westquay Works to help businesses fill a range of job vacancies.
As a candidate you will enter a training programme that equips you with everything a prospective employer wants in a new recruit. You will also be kept up-to-date with the lastest employment opportunities.
If successful, you will have a strong chance of gaining secure, ongoing employment that offers progression opportunities.
Transferable skills training
This opportunity is designed to develop skills you will need for all retail jobs.
- Develop your knowledge of customer service, gain confidence for teamworking, and build excellent communication skills.
- Gain nationally recognised qualifications in Food Safety in Catering and Health & Safety in the Workplace.
This opportunity is designed to develop your knowledge of the retail industry and give you a City and Guilds Level 1 Award in Retail Knowledge qualification.
- Gain a detailed understanding of retail.
- Examine customer service functions.
- Understand the retail selling process.
- Learn about stock control, handling and replenishment.
Westquay Works also offer a free service that supports you in your retail recruitment operations.
- Advertises your vacancies to a pool of local job hunters who have completed industry-specific training.
- Provides bespoke pre-employment training packages to give candidates the skills and knowledge essential to your business.
There is also the provision for training in ongoing workforce development.
Sounds great, what should I do next?
Or use the form below, or speak to your JCP advisor.