Are you a female football player wanting to make the most of your talents? If the answer is yes, then this is the ideal course for you.
This programme combines theory and practical sessions in anatomy, physiology, psychology and biomechanics, as well as membership of AFC Bournemouth’s Elite Female Player Programme.
Importantly, you will undertake football training every day and have the opportunity to represent AFC Bournemouth in weekly fixtures.
Why choose Brock for AFC Bournemouth Female Elite Player (Football) Sport Programme Level 3?
At Brock we are fortunate to have first class learning facilities for all forms of physical education.
These include a fully-equipped gym and fitness studio, 25 acres of playing fields and a floodlit full-size artificial turf pitch for hockey and football.
We also have a floodlit five-a-side artificial turf pitch, floodlit all-weather courts for netball and tennis, and brand new purpose-built changing facilities.
In addition, you can join our Football Academy, which will give you even more opportunities to train and play.
Teaching & learning
You will learn though a well-balanced range of methods, which combine practical skills with theoretical learning.
Your lessons will take place in classrooms; however, you will use our full range of college sports facilities, both indoor and outdoor, for practical work.
We also have solid relationships with local employers in the sports and leisure sector. This means you will be able to secure additional work experience to help broaden your horizons.
As a student you will:
- Study the principles of sport and performance to enhance your experiences.
- Train every day and have opportunities to represent AFC Bournemouth in weekly fixtures.
- Learn about anatomy and physiology issues that are relevant to sports performance.
- Analyse ways of treating and preventing injury in sport.
- Develop your ability to lead and coach sporting activities, which is one of the key skills employers want to see.
- Complete work experience in a chosen area like sports coaching, PE teaching, sports development or sports leadership.
Minimum entry requirements
- 4 x A – C (4 - 9) GCSE
- Grade C and above for both
- In addition, you must have a keen interest in sport and a strong playing background in football.
- Selection will be based on a Football Trial with AFC Bournemouth
How will I be assessed?
Your performance will be assessed wholly through your coursework.
Information & support
There will be additional costs related to the competitive football element of the course. This will be arranged with AFC Bournemouth.
What can I do with this qualification?
Completing this qualification will prepare you for apprenticeships, employment, or higher education courses in sports coaching, physical education, fitness instruction, sports development, sports management, and sport and exercise science.
Brock has been absolutely brilliant in preparing me for my future, I feel happy and confident. My tutors are all so supportive and there is a really friendly atmosphere.
overall a level pass rate
Of students gained A* to B
Of students gained A* to C