Are you a practical-thinking problem solver with a strong interest in science? If so, you could discover your potential by studying Applied Science at Level 3.
This course is designed to be studied alongside science and social science related A Levels, and will equip you with a range of new knowledge and skills.
Importantly, it will introduce you to the world of forensics and medical procedures, which is a career niche within the scientific spectrum.
This qualification is particularly suited to you if you tend to perform better in coursework than exams.
Why choose Brock for Applied Science Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma?
At Brock our Applied Science teacher has five years of research experience in biochemistry, plus substantial industry experience.
As a result, you can take advantage of some high level scientific insights to help you adopt best scientific practice early in your post-16 education.
We have particularly good results on this course, which are due in part to our excellent relationships with local universities.
Teaching & learning
You will learn through a variety of teaching methods within specialist laboratories.
These methods include theory lessons, demonstrations, and practical tasks that are conducted both individually and in small groups.
You will also attend trips to professional laboratories, as well as the Wellcome Collection, which is a forensic exhibition.
- Study the principles and applications of science to build a strong foundation for future studies.
- Learn practical scientific procedures and techniques to gain the experience required for industry.
- Develop analytical skills to evaluate practical results, giving you much broader insights into why and how changes occur.
- Build knowledge and skills relating to human physiology, genetic engineering and chemicals.
- Establish a wealth of transferable skills ready for your working life or university study.
- Stay up-to-date with advances in the scientific world by researching current applications of scientific theory.
Minimum entry requirements
Five GCSEs at grade A*-C or grade 4 to include:
- English language
- Science C/C or separate sciences grade C, C
What can I do with this qualification?
This course forms an excellent basis for employment in the science sector as a technician.
It also represents good preparation for a career in public services such as the Police Force or Fire Service.
If studied alongside other science related A Levels it can help provide an established route into university to study science degrees and science HND courses.
I particularly enjoyed the physics demonstrations that formed part of my course. They were always inspiring and engaging.
Overall A Level pass rate
Of students gained A*-B grades
Of students gained A*-C grades