Whether you live and breathe art and design, long for a career in art and design, or simply want to develop your artistic skills, this is the course for you.
Art and Design Level 2 is a hands-on, exam-free programme giving you a comprehensive introduction to fashion, ceramics and drawing, plus everything in between. You will also get a taste of lots of different 2D and 3D techniques that you may not have used before.
Furthermore, you will gain insights into the art and design business through live competitions, exhibitions, and collaborations with organisations including the New Forest Wildlife Park.
Why choose Brock for Art & Design Level 2 Diploma?
At Brock we are fortunate to have specialist art and design studios where you can learn, experiment and develop your own styles.
The course is led by a practising fine artist who regularly exhibits her work both in the UK and abroad. As a result, you will pick up important insights that will help you grow as an artist.
Teaching & learning
You will learn through seminars, independent study, worksheets, artists’ visits, location visits, group trips, experiments and project work.
As well as practical investigations, you will critically analyse your own work along with the work of others. Importantly, you will evaluate different techniques and record your progress.
In addition, you will research various different artists and art movements.
- Learn about key trends and movements in art and design, giving you a greater awareness of the artistic environment.
- Identify artists and/or designers of particular interest to you, and examine their work to gain inspiration.
- Look in detail at graphics and illustration to recognise how they are distinct from fine art.
- Explore 2D and 3D materials and techniques to help you realise your artistic visions.
- Develop other valued skills such as critical thinking, communication and leadership.
- Cover a wide range of topics and concepts including self-image, the natural environment, and artwork for exhibition and sale.
Minimum entry requirements
Four GCSEs at grade 3 and above to include:
- English Language
- Art and design based subject
What can I do with this qualification?
This qualification has been developed in close collaboration with employer-led organisations.
Past students have found opportunities through work-related training programmes such as apprenticeships in photography, graphics, illustration, fashion, product design and multimedia.
In the future you may wish to pursue opportunities in animation, fashion design, theatre, television and film, or printing and media. You may also wish to pursue higher level art and design qualifications like a Level 3 Diploma.
Other courses of interest
Brock has been absolutely brilliant in preparing me for my future, I feel happy and confident. My tutors are all so supportive and there is a really friendly atmosphere.
overall a level pass rate
Of students gained A* to B
Of students gained A* to C