Do you have an enthusiastic and focused interest in the world of art and design that you wish to pursue? If the answer is yes, then this is definitely the course for you.
This challenging, practical-based programme encourages you to engage with and evaluate a broad range of art and design practices.
You will develop a range of skills, personal qualities and attitudes that are essential for success in higher education and employment.
Why choose Brock for Art & Design Level 3 Extended Diploma?
At Brock we are equipped with a suite of specialist art and design studios, which enable us to deliver quality educational opportunities.
You will learn from a dedicated and experienced team of specialist subject staff who are keen to share their knowledge and expertise.
In addition, we have an onsite art supplies shop through which you can purchase everything you need to make your artistic visions real.
Teaching & learning
You will develop techniques and skills by undertaking a series of set assignments that incorporate a range of learning experiences.
You will also have the chance to work in conjunction with practising artists, work to live briefs and attend various art trips.
Importantly, you will complete a major project in your second year and have the opportunity to exhibit your work at our annual summer exhibition, which is open to the public.
- Learn and develop techniques and skills through assignments that incorporate a range of challenges.
- Cover a whole host of topics including visual recording, materials, techniques and processes, ideas and concepts, communication through art and contextual influences.
- Complete a major final project that will evidence your knowledge, skills and progress.
- Choose one of a range of specialist units in order to follow routes of personal interest.
- Plan, prepare and hang your own exhibition, giving you hands-on experience of organising an event.
- Work with real clients on live art and design briefs.
Minimum entry requirements
Four GCSEs at grade 4 and above to include:
- English Language
- Art and Design based subject grade 5
If you have previously taken Level 2 Art and Design, you must have achieved a Merit or Distinction.
What can I do with this qualification?
This Diploma is an excellent basis, not only to sample a variety of specialist areas, but also for work in the artistic industries.
Once you have passed the course you may decide to progress into higher education. This could mean direct entry onto Art and Design programmes at degree level.
Career options include roles in fine art, graphic design, illustration, photography, interior design, product design, 3D design and advertising.
Other courses of interest
Brock has been absolutely brilliant in preparing me for my future, I feel happy and confident. My tutors are all so supportive and there is a really friendly atmosphere.
overall a level pass rate
Of students gained A* to B
Of students gained A* to C