Are you a creative person with a strong interest in photography and photo media? Perhaps you want to develop your technical and analytical skills in order to become a much more accomplished photographic artist.
If this sounds like you, then you can get everything you need to improve your picture taking by successfully completing this photography course.
Indeed, this learning opportunity is the ideal balance of theory and practice that can lead to a lifelong love of this unique discipline.
At its core photography is about communication, and we want you to become a great communicator.
Why choose Brock for Art & Design (Photography) Level 2 Diploma?
At Brock we have a large, professional standard photographic studio, a fully equipped darkroom and computer suites that contain industry level hardware and software.
We also have a well-supplied equipment loan system where you can reserve whatever you need to realise your artistic visions.
Importantly, you will benefit from being taught by photography enthusiasts who have a passion for both the subject and helping you develop your ideas.
Finally, you will have the chance to visit exhibitions as well as outstanding field locations both at home and abroad.
Teaching & learning
You will learn by carrying out assignments and activities that incorporate a range of learning experiences.
There will also be a series of practical workshops in areas such as lighting, darkroom manipulation, Photoshop, composition and equipment.
The course can be split into three main perspectives: technical, analytical and creative. Your teachers will work with you to develop your skills in each of these.
- Develop your interest in, and enjoyment of, literature and literary studies.
- Enhance your ability to critically analyse and respond to what you have read, giving you enhanced academic skills that are highly transferable.
- Benefit from the opportunity to study literature across the forms of prose, poetry and drama.
- Read different kinds of literature, written in different historical periods by a variety of authors.
- Examine the contexts of the literature you are reading along with other readers’ interpretations of those contexts.
Minimum entry requirements
Four GCSEs at grades A*-D or grade 3 or above to include:
- English or Maths
- An equivalent vocational qualification Merit or Distinction if taken
- Art or design based GCSE (preferable)
What can I do with this qualification?
This course aims to broaden your artistic horizons and prepare you for higher level study such as our Level 3 Extended Photography course
Furthermore, your newly-acquired technical, creative and analytical skills will serve you throughout your life.
Employment opportunities could begin with an apprenticeship or junior studio role. Past students have gone on to work in photography, media, film, fashion, and website design.
Other courses of interest
Brock has been absolutely brilliant in preparing me for my future, I feel happy and confident. My tutors are all so supportive and there is a really friendly atmosphere.
Overall A Level pass rate
Of students gained A* to B
Of students gained A* to C