You will study the theory of all treatments as well as the anatomy of the skin, hair and nails. Contraindications and recognition of skin diseases and disorders are also a vital part of the training.
Mandatory units comprise:
- Provide facial skincare
- Provide eyelash & eyebrow treatments
- Apply make-up
- Provide manicure treatments
- Provide pedicure treatments
- Remove hair using waxing techniques
- Follow health & safety practice in the salon
- Salon reception duties
- Client care & communication in beauty related industries
All units are mandatory and consist of three elements: theory, practical and case studies.
You will be required to complete a minimum of 2 hours homework each week.
Minimum entry requirements
- Five GCSEs at grade 4 and above. However, exceptions may be made for learners with experience in the work place.
- You will be required to attend a short interview before being accepted onto this course.
- It is recommended that you also obtain a Basic First Aid qualification whilst completing the course.
- You need to have skills in basic IT.
How will I be assessed?
- Theory - Once all aspects of the theory have been completed, candidates will be expected to complete a short multiple choice theory online examination for the mandatory units. All other units will be assessed by Assignment work.
- Case studies - These are used as the internal assessment of each unit. Case studies are completed under the supervision of your tutor.
- Practical - Once all aspects of the practical have been completed, you will complete a practical examination. This will be undertaken in the presence of an ITEC external examiner.
You will be expected to demonstrate excellent hygiene and client care.
Information & support
You will be required to provide:
- Uniform (tunic, trousers and shoes) - please contact us for an order form. During your interview there will be a sample of each size of uniform for you to try on.
- Reference books - to be advised.
- Towels for use during treatments - 2 x large, 2 x medium and 2 x small (of any colour).
- A container to transport your materials and a folder to organise your case studies.
Course fees & Duration
There is a cost of £1,286 to complete this course.
What can I do with this qualification?
Once you have achieved this ITEC Level 2 Diploma, you may progress on to other ITEC or equivalent awards at Level 3.
You will also be qualified to operate your own clinic or home visiting practice or gain employment in a beauty salon, health club or spa.