Beauty Therapy Advanced Apprenticeship
Type: Work Based
Awarding Body: ITEC Download/print details
Download PDF application form Enquire
The course will cover units in Manicure and Pedicure, Waxing, Skincare, Eye Treatments, Make-up, Health and Safety Practice in the Salon, Salon Reception Duties, Client Care and Communication in Beauty Related Industries and Working in the Beauty Related Industries.
The Diploma is comprised of 9 mandatory units:
Unit 800 _ Provide Facial Skincare
Unit 802 _ Provide Eyelash & Eyebrow Treatments
Unit 803 _ Apply Make-up
Unit 804 _ Provide Manicure Treatments
Unit 805 _ Provide Pedicure Treatments
Unit 806 _ Remove Hair Using Waxing Techniques
Unit 600 _ Follow Health & Safety Practice in the Salon
Unit 611 _ Salon Reception Duties
Unit 818 _ Client Care & Communication in Beauty Related Industries
The candidate will study the theory of all treatments as well as the anatomy of the skin, hair and nails. Contraindications and recognition of skin diseases and disorders are also a vital part of the training as well as the underpinning knowledge and skills required to successfully perform the treatments.
Case studies are also required to be completed for this award.
Case studies ensure that a variety of clients must be consulted and treated in all the above areas and the outcomes of the treatments must be documented in order to gain experience of working with a variety of clients and conditions whilst candidates are still under supervision.
It is recommended that learners take the opportunity to obtain a Basic First Aid qualification whilst attending the course. If you are interested – please obtain details from Adult Learning & Skills Centre. There will be an additional charge for this.
Course Structure & Teaching Methods
All units are mandatory and consist of three elements - theory, practical and case studies.
Please note there will be a minimum of 2 hours homework each week.
Theory - Once all aspects of the theory have been completed, candidates will be expected to complete a short multiple choice theory online examination for the following units.
Provide Facial Skincare, Provide Eyelash and Eyebrow Treatments, Apply Make-up Provide Manicure Treatments, Provide Pedicure Treatments, Remove Hair Using Waxing Techniques.
All other units will be assessed by Assignment work.
Case Studies -These are used as the internal assessment of each unit. Case studies are completed under the supervision of the Tutor.
Practical - Once all aspects of the practical have been completed, candidates will be expected to complete the practical examination. This will be undertaken in the College in the presence of an ITEC external examiner.
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellent hygiene and client care and to demonstrate competence in their skills.
Candidates must secure a pass level in each element within all of the areas of treatment being assessed.
Information & Support
Candidates will also be expected to provide and wear professional work wear throughout their training.
Candidates will also need a container to keep and transport their own materials and files and folders for case studies.
Learners will be required to provide
- Uniform (tunic, trousers and shoes) - please contact the New Milton Centre for an order form and uniform is delivered to learner’s home address. Total cost of uniform if ordered on-line to be advised - Please note- During the interview there will be a sample of each size of uniform for learners to try on if unsure of the correct size to order.
- Reference books - To be advised.
- Learner Kit - please contact the New Milton Centre for an order form. The cost of this kit - to be advised. These items are ordered by learners and are delivered to the learners’s home address.
- Learners will be expected to supply their own towels for use during treatments and will require 2 x large, 2 x medium and 2 x small towels of any colour.
Suitable for those wishing to become a practitioner in the beauty industry.
Once candidates have achieved the ITEC Level 2 Diploma for Beauty Specialists, they may progress on to other ITEC or equivalent awards at Level 3 for example:
- Diploma - Complementary Therapies - Level 3
- Diploma - Beauty Specialist - Level 3
- This award qualifies graduates to operate their own clinic or home visiting practice. Graduates can also gain employment in Beauty Salons, Health Clubs, Health Farms, Spas and Liners.