You will study the theory of all treatments as well as the structure and function of body systems in relation to treatments.
Contraindications preventing or restricting treatments and the study of diseases and disorders are also a vital part of the training.
Mandatory units comprise:
- Provide body massage
- Monitor & maintain health & safety practice in the salon
- Client care & communication in beauty related industries
- Provide facial electrotherapy treatments
- Provide massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils
- Apply stone massage therapy
- Provide Indian head massage
All units are mandatory and consist of three elements: theory, practical and case studies.
You will be required to complete a minimum of 2 hours homework each week.
Minimum entry requirements
- Five GCSEs at grade 4 and above. However, exceptions may be made for learners with experience in the work place.
- You will be required to attend a short interview before being accepted onto this course.
- It is recommended that you also obtain a Basic First Aid qualification whilst completing the course.
- You need to have skills in basic IT.
How will I be assessed?
- Theory - Once all aspects of the theory have been completed, candidates will be expected to complete a short multiple choice theory online examination for the mandatory units. All other units will be assessed by Assignment work.
- Case studies - These are used as the internal assessment of each unit. Case studies are completed under the supervision of your tutor.
- Practical - Once all aspects of the practical have been completed, you will complete a practical examination. This will be undertaken in the presence of an ITEC external examiner.
You will be expected to demonstrate excellent hygiene and client care.
Information & support
You will be required to provide:
- Uniform (tunic, trousers and shoes) - please contact us for an order form. During your interview there will be a sample of each size of uniform for you to try on.
- Reference books - to be advised.
- Towels for use during treatments - 2 x large, 2 x medium and 2 x small (of any colour).
- Learner kit - please contact us for an order form. Cost to be advised.
- A container to transport your materials and a folder to organise your case studies.
Course fees & Duration
Please enquire on 01590 625222 for details on tuition and exam costs.
What can I do with this qualification?
Once you have achieved the ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Beauty Therapy, you may progress on to other ITEC or equivalent awards at Level 3 and 4.
You will also be qualified to operate your own clinic or home visiting practice or gain employment in a beauty salon, health club or spa.