Bench Joinery Intermediate Apprenticeship
Type: Part Time
Awarding Body: City & Guilds Download/print details
Download PDF application form Enquire online
The demand for trained and qualified Carpenters and Joiners is high in all areas of the UK, with a government push for apprentices and the current growth in the construction industry has heightened the need for tradesmen. There is a national skills shortage that has increased the demand for skilled craftsmen.
These apprenticeships are for people wishing to take up a career in the Construction Industry specifically Carpentry or Joinery and have been designed in conjunction with industry. The career prospects are great and also offer good progression within the construction industry with potential to reach degree level.
Course Structure & Teaching Methods
This qualification is a combination of college delivery 1 day per week and work experience that is assessed as part of the NVQ qualification.
The apprenticeship frameworks are made up as follows:
- NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations (Site Carpentry or Architectural Joinery)
- Diploma in Site Carpentry or Bench Joinery (College delivered)
- Functional Skills English
- Functional Skills Maths
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities
An Assessor will be allocated to the Apprentice and will visit your workplace a maximum of 12 weeks apart to assess workplace activities and gain evidence.
Candidates will build a portfolio of evidence over the duration of the course to support the competency element of the qualification. This portfolio is developed under the guidance of the college assessor.
Intermediate Apprenticeship is 2 years and the Advanced Apprenticeship is 1 year on completion of the Intermediate.
Candidates will be assessed using a variety of methods, including observation, questioning, professional discussions, witness testimonies, work products, statements and testing.
The in college diploma has practical assignments as well as theory exams.
For the functional skills elements the candidates will be required to sit examinations.
Completing an apprenticeship can provide you with skills to:
- Communicate clearly and confidently
- Develop your portfolio of practical skills and subject knowledge
- Gain motivation and confidence
- Take control of your learning and development
- Increase your employability
- Build positive and productive relationships at work
- Take charge of your personal and professional development
- Get a recognised qualification for your personal development
Available Dates and Locations
Please contact us to register your interest for the next available start date.