This course allows students to complete a full A level qualification in one year. It has the convenience and flexibility of being delivered mostly by distance learning
Teaching & learning
Learning will be mostly by student self-study using a dedicated textbook with online support and an extensive range of resources available through the College's virtual learning environment (eBrock).
It is therefore essential to have access to the internet.
Minimum entry requirements
Students will need good independent study skills and a minimum grade B in Mathematics and Science GCSE qualifications.
How will I be assessed?
The A level assessment is made up of three examinations containing multiple choice, short answers and questions requiring an extended response.
Students are also required to show evidence of having carried out a minimum of 12 experiments.
Information & support
- All students are required to attend a two hour group induction workshop and a 45 minute starter session with the course tutor following enrolment.
- There is also a series of 12 laboratory-based evening workshops which take two and a half hours each. These will take place at 6 week intervals and will include all 12 compulsory experients required for the new full A level qualification.
- There will also be two exam workshops prior to these exams, lasting 3 hours each.
- Students will recieve up to ten hours individual support via email, telephone, Skype or face to face.
- There will be flexibility to transfer to the A level year 1 course with a partial refund of fees in the Autumn term.
- Experienced and competent staff at our adult learning centres can help you decide on your course and progression options.
- Practical help and advice is provided to assist students with any kind of disability or individual need, including people for whom English is not their first language. Please contact our centre staff to discuss your needs prior to starting your course.
Course fees & Duration
There is a cost of £1350 to complete this course.
What can I do with this qualification?
Completion of this A level course allows progression into higher education or directly into employment.