To provide a specialist work-related qualification in the construction environment.
To prepare you for employment and/or to provide career development opportunities for those already in work.
• Information, quantities and communication
• Knowledge of building methods
• How to interpret working drawings
• How to carry out thin joint masonry and masonry cladding
• How to build solid walling, isolated and attached piers
• How to build cavity walling to form masonry structures
Minimum entry requirements
Literacy and Numeracy at appropriate level.
For learners who have recently been in education their profile is likely to include one of the following:
- Level 1 Brickwork or Level 1 Multiskills
- Appropriate GCSEs (normally at least two passes at grade D or above, to include Mathematics and English)
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be carried out as you progress through the course. This will be in the form of multi choice exams, one assignment and practical assessments.
What can I do with this qualification?
With further training or study, students may progress into careers or qualifications in the Construction industry including:
- Level 3 Brickwork
- Self employment
- Apprenticeship in Brickwork
Brock has been absolutely brilliant in preparing me for my future, I feel happy and confident. My tutors are all so supportive and there is a really friendly atmosphere.
Overall A Level pass rate
Of students gained A*-B grades
Of students gained A*-C grades