To provide a specialist work-related qualification in the construction environment or for employment and/or to provide career development opportunities for those already in work.
The course is made up of units covering:
- Health & Safety
- Information, quantities and communication
- Knowledge of building methods
- How to interpret working drawings
- How to carry out thin joint masonry and masonry cladding
- How to build solid walling, isolated and attached piers
- How to build cavity walling to form masonry structures
Minimum entry requirements
Entry requirements are Level 2 Brickwork and appropriate GCSEs, normally at least two passes at grade D or above, to include Mathematics and English.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be carried out as you progress through the course. This will be in the form of multi choice exams, one assignment and practical assessments.
What can I do with this qualification?
With further training or study, students may progress into careers or qualifications in the Construction industry including:
- Self employment
- HNC in Construction
- Site management course
Brock has been absolutely brilliant in preparing me for my future, I feel happy and confident. My tutors are all so supportive and there is a really friendly atmosphere.
Overall A Level pass rate
Of students gained A*-B grades
Of students gained A*-C grades