All children and young people deserve to be safe and well cared for within a safe and protective family. However, unfortunately this is not always the case. With over 50,000 children identified as needing protection from abuse in the UK, it is important that those working in the care sector understand the risks of abusive and exploitative behaviour that some children experience.
Knowing what strategies are used to protect them from this behaviour, whilst following procedures, is essential to helping those affected.
You will study the following units:
- Young children's development
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Respecting and valuing children
- Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
- Importance of play for early learning
- The value of play to young children
- Sharing learning experience with children
Information & support
As a learner you will:
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification.
- Evidence your competency to employers.
- Further your personal and professional development.
- Understand the importance of creativity and imagination for the development of a child.
- Learn without the need to attend college.
Course fees & Duration
This course is fully funded for those who are 19+ and a UK/EU resident.