This apprenticeship is designed to enable you to build the knowledge and skills needed to work under supervision with children and young people from birth to 19 years of age.
It covers a diverse range of job roles and occupational areas in work settings including early years and social care environments.
You must be employed in a related job role to undertake this qualification.
Why choose Brock for Children & Young People’s Workforce Apprenticeship Level 2?
At Brockenhurst College we have over 30 years of experience in delivering high-quality apprenticeships.
We are passionate about providing students with the best learning environment, including access to industry-standard facilities and resources, plus teachers with relevant industry experience.
As a learner, you will also have access to the College’s additional support for apprentices.
Teaching & learning
You will build a portfolio of evidence that demonstrates a range of skills and knowledge.
You will be issued with workbooks to help you acquire and consolidate your knowledge. You will also be observed in the workplace before discussing and reflecting on your performance.
As a learner you will study the following core units:
- Introduction to communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Child and young person development
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
- Support children and young people's positive behavior
- Contribute to the support of child and young person development
- Contribute to children and young people's health and safety
- Contribute to the support of positive environments for children and young people
- Understand partnership working in services for children and young people
Optional units will be decided in accordance with assessor guidance.
Minimum entry requirements
- GCSE Maths and English at grade 4 or above.
- Functional Skills Maths, English and IT will be included in your programme if you have not achieved at least GCSE grade 4.
How will I be assessed?
One-to-one support within your work environment will be supported by additional training in functional skills.
Information & support
You will need a computer and internet access to follow your programme and be able to access the appropriate learning resources.
What can I do with this Apprenticeship?
Once you have completed your Level 2 qualification you may wish to engage with the logical progression route, which will include studying towards a Level 3 qualification