Every hour, someone in the UK is told they have Parkinson’s disease. There are approximately 152,000 strokes in the UK every year (more than one every five minutes), and one in six of the UK population have some form of hearing loss.
These health conditions, along with others such as arthritis and dementia, affect a substantial proportion of the population. A good understanding of common health conditions is essential in any care environment.
You will study the following units:
- Understand how to contribute to monitoring the health of individuals affected by health conditions
- Introductory awareness of sensory loss
- Stroke awareness
- Dementia awareness
- Arthritis awareness
- Parkinson’s disease awarenes
Information & support
As a learner you will:
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification.
- Evidence your competency to a wide variety of care employers.
- Further your personal and professional development.
- Improve your understanding of dementia, stroke and sensory loss.
- Learn without the need to attend college.
Course fees & Duration
This course is fully funded for those who are 19+ and a UK/EU resident.