Computer & Online Basics – Part 1
Type: Part Time Day Download/print details
Download PDF application form Enquire
This is a short course for beginners who wish to learn about computer systems and internet and email.
By the end of the course, the student will understand:
• computer basics – different types of computer; basic computer parts and key input devices
• common computer terminology
• computer performance and features
• computer operating systems
• how to log on securely
• different mouse pointer shapes
• how to drag and drop
• use the features of a keyboard
• the computer desktop and its icons
• the different parts of a window
• different storage media
• simple document creation and editing, eg text formatting, saving, printing
• how to search and use internet based information
• how to use email to communicate and exchange information
The teaching is tutor led in well equipped rooms with explanations, demonstrations, lectures, question and answer and discussion. Each learner has the use of a computer. The software used for this course will be Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2013 and Internet Explorer Version 7. Each session lasts a duration of 2 hours.
Information & Support
Students can progress onto Computer & Online Basics - Part 2
Please bring along writing materials, notebook/A4 file
Experienced and competent staff at our adult learning centres can help you decide on your course and progression options. If you feel you would benefit from more in depth careers advice please contact: The National Careers Service - Call 0800 100 900 Lines are open 8am to 10pm, 7 days a week or https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk.
Practical help and advice is also provided to assist students with any kind of disability or individual need, including people for whom English is not their first language. Please contact our centre staff to discuss your needs prior to starting your course.
Available Dates and Locations
Please contact us to register your interest for the next available start date.