This course is suitable for any individual whose goal is to achieve professional status in counselling. If you work in a work in a role where counselling skills are needed then it is also suitable.
You will learn from experienced counselling trainers and complies with current BACP guidelines on moral and ethical practice.
Mandatory units comprise:
- Embarking on practice
- Counselling practicum
- Counselling: Integrating Theory and Practice
- Approaches to Working with Grief and Loss
You will be taught through a range of methods including lecture, discussion, group work and role play.
You will be expected to undertake substantial additional private study.
Minimum entry requirements
- We will assess candidates initial suitability for counselling as a vocation.
- You must be aware of the high degree of ethics required within environments where counselling training takes place.
- You should have achieved a minimum of Level 2 functional skills in English in order to undertake the academic rigour of the course.
You should have achieved a Level 3 Certificate in Counselling and a Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills or equivalent which includes a practical skills assessment through role play.
You must have a supervised workplacement organised for the start of the course in order to undertake 100 hours of client work
How will I be assessed?
- Course work - weekly reflective journal, academic essays and practical skills, role play, assessment.
- Task-based controlled assessment.
- Written examination for Reflective Practitioner.
- Externally marked report for Therapeutic Practice.
Information & support
You will be required to bring an A4 file, paper and pen to each session.
Course fees & Duration
There is a course cost of £2882.
What can I do with this qualification?
This qualification provides access to further study for accreditation at higher education level, university study.
On completion of the AIM Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling you will have acquired the knowledge and competence in counselling skills necessary to ensure the health and safety of both counsellor and clients.