You can gain your CSCS card enabling you to work in a construction environment thanks to this course.
It is designed for candidates who need additional support with literacy and would benefit from working in a smaller group and having more time.
Importantly, you will complete all the content of the CSCS course but with a little added help.
You can expect two days of employability training, one day of IT training, and five days of health and safety training, plus CSCS test preparation.
As a candidate you will complete:
- City and Guilds Health and Safety in a Construction Environment Level 1
- Health and Safety in the Workplace Level 2
- City and Guilds Employability Skills
- CSCS Test
The course will cover:
- Principles of risk assessment for maintaining and improving health and safety at work.
- The importance of safe manual handling.
- The importance of working safely at height.
- Risks to health within a construction environment.
Information & support
- Must have ID (Passport / Driving licence / Birth certificate).
- Must be unemployed and claiming benefits (JSA / ESA / UC / IS).
- Must complete a literacy and numeracy assessment.
Individual support with:
- Job search and applications
- CV writing
- Interview preparation and practice
- Eight days