You can gain your CSCS card, enabling you to work in a construction environment, thanks to this course.
Employability training will take place for one day, followed by CSCS (HS&E test) preparation and Health and Safety in Construction Training (C&G) and test, which will take place over 2 days.
Importantly, we will prepare you for the CSCS test through tutor-led sessions and mock-testing.
Once you have passed your Health and Safety in a Construction Environment (C&G) test, you will be booked-in for your CSCS HS&E test at your local testing centre.
Course Structure & Teaching Methods
As a candidate you will complete:
• City and Guilds Health and Safety in a Construction Environment Level 1
• Health and Safety in the Workplace Level 2
• City and Guilds Employability Skills
• CSCS Test
The course will cover:
• Principles of risk assessment for maintaining and improving health and safety at work.
• The importance of safe manual handling.
• The importance of working safely at height.
• Risks to health within a construction environment.
- Four days
Information & Support
- Must have ID (Passport / Driving licence / Birth certificate).
- Must be unemployed and claiming benefits (JSA / ESA / UC / IS).
- Must complete a literacy and numeracy assessment.
- Four days