CSCS Cards provide proof that individuals working on construction sites have the appropriate training and qualifications. The Green Labourer Card will enable workers to perform tasks on sites at entry level positions and is valid for five years. To apply for a CSCS card you must complete the appropriate health & safety tests.
Our CSCS course provides tutor-led training and support to prepare you for the tests required to obtain the Green Labourer Card. Once you have passed all the elements we will apply for your card.
We work closely with local employers and job agencies to remain up-to-date with the latest employment options. In addition, construction agencies often visit the College to meet learners who are looking for work.
Course Structure & Teaching Methods
As a candidate you will complete:
- Health and Safety in a Construction Environment (Level 1)
- Health, Safety and Environment test for operatives
- Employability Skills
The course will cover:
- Principles of risk assessment for maintaining and improving health & safety at work.
- The importance of safe manual handling.
- The importance of working safely at height.
- Risks to health within a construction environment.
Information & Support
- Must have a valid ID (passport / driving licence / birth certificate – waiver requirements can apply as per the CITB website.
- Must be unemployed and claiming benefits (JSA / ESA / UC / IS).
- Must be 19+ (at the start of the academic year).
Available dates and locations
Please ask your work coach or job advisor to call 023 8068 2571 and book you an Initial Provider Interview with a view to starting on the next available start date.