Desktop Publishing – Follow on
Type: Part Time Day Download/print details
Download PDF application form Enquire
This is a course for anyone who wishes to develop proficiency in the software Microsoft Publisher, along with a sound understanding of page layout and the ability to respond to a design brief.
By the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
• Use appropriate techniques to handle and organise and save files.
• Set up and use master page/template according to a design brief.
• Set up page layout grids/guides.
• Use most tools and techniques appropriately.
• Import and manipulate text and image file(s).
• Amend publication content using proof correction symbols.
• Produce professional publications/documents.
• Prepare a publication for press.
The teaching is tutor led in well equipped rooms with explanations, demonstrations, lectures, question and answer and discussion. Each learner has the use of a computer. The software used for this course will be Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2010 and Microsoft Publisher 2010.
The work will be assessed by the tutor on a regular basis from which feedback will be given to help improve skills.
Information & Support
Learners can progress to:-
ITQ – OCR Level 1
Please bring along writing materials, notebook/A4 file.
Experienced and competent staff at our adult learning centres can help you decide on your course and progression options. If you feel you would benefit from more in depth careers advice please contact: The National Careers Service - Call 0800 100 900 Lines are open 8am to 10pm, 7 days a week or https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk.
Practical help and advice is also provided to assist students with any kind of disability or individual need, including people for whom English is not their first language. Please contact our centre staff to discuss your needs prior to starting your course.
Course costs are as follows:
5 week course £45