You can become a fully qualified Early Years Educator thanks to this apprenticeship.
Once qualified, you'll be able to work with children from birth to 5 years old in a variety of early years settings.
There are four themes through which you will gain a range of important knowledge and skills.
Here is a breakdown of each theme:
Theme 1: Health and Well Being
- Support healthy lifestyles for children through the provision of food and nutrition
- Promote healthy lifestyles for children through exercise
- Support Children’s physical care routines
- Promote the emotional well-being of children
- Understand how to support children who are unwell
Theme 2: Legislation, Frameworks and Professional Practice
- Understand legislation relating to the safeguarding, protection and welfare of children
- Follow legislation relating to the health and safety of children
- Follow legislation relating to equality, diversity and inclusive practice
- Working in partnership
Theme 3: Play, Development and Learning for School Readiness
- Understand the value of play in early years
- Plan, lead and review play opportunities which support children’s learning and development
- Promote enabling play environments
- Develop children’s emergent literacy skills
- Developing children’s emergent mathematical skills
- Support children’s transition to school
- Develop children’s cognitive skills
- Promote children’s speech, language and communication
- Promote children’s physical development
- Promoting children’s personal, social and emotional development
- Support children with additional needs
- Use observation, assessment and planning to promote the development of children
- Use longitudinal studies to observe, assess and plan for children’s needs
Theme 4: Professional Development
- Engage in professional development
Minimum entry requirements
- This qualification is suitable for those aged 17+ years of age.
- You must be employed in an early years setting for at least 350 hours over the duration of the apprenticeship i.e. 10 hours per week over 35 weeks.
- It is recommended that you spend a minimum of 25 hours with children aged 0 – 1 year and 11 months, a minimum of 133 hours with 2 – 2 years and 11 months and a minimum of 192 hours with 3 – 5 year olds.
- If you work in a childcare setting that does not provide care across these three age ranges, you will need to seek experience in another setting.
- You will need to have achieved GCSE English Language and Maths at Grade C/Grade 4 or above if you do not already have these qualifications.
- You will need to have achieved Functional Skills Level 2 ICT.
How will I be assessed?
- All units will be internally assessed using a range of methods such as direct observation in the workplace, a portfolio of evidence, assignments and tasks.
- You must undertake a Longitudinal study set by CACHE.
- Assessment in the workplace will be completed by our qualified Assessors.
Information & support
- You will be required to attend an interview before being accepted onto this course.
- You will need support from a qualified and experienced professional in your work setting who will be required to complete professional development records.
- You will need to provide files and writing materials. Wordprocessing skills and access to a computer for research and writing is an advantage.
- You will be required to complete private study during the course of this qualification.
- The duration of this apprenticeship may be up to 18 months.
What can I do with this Apprenticeship?
You may progress to a HND or Foundation Degree in the Early Years workforce.