The Level 3 Award in Education and Training is a knowledge-based introduction to teaching and/or training which has no teaching practice requirement.
As part of the course, you will look at roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training; relevant legislation, using inclusive approaches and the principles and practices of assessment.
Teaching & learning
You will be taught through a variety of methods including:
- Short lectures
- Whole group discussion
- Small group work
- Practical tasks
- Case studies
- Demonstration, presentations and micro-teaching sessions.
Mandatory units comprise:
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training.
- Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training.
- Understanding assessment in education and training.
Minimum entry requirements
- You should have a minimum of a Level 2 qualification in English and Maths OR be able to demonstrate the ability to write at an appropriate level to complete assignments at Level 3.
- This qualification is useful for anyone considering a teaching career or providing training in the workplace.
- An initial assessment may be conducted prior to commencement of this programme.
How will I be assessed?
Formal assessment is via a portfolio which includes 3 unit assignments and evidence of a microteaching session.
Information & support
You will need to provide writing materials.
Course fees & Duration
There is a tuition fee of £460.
What can I do with this qualification?
You could progress to a Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training providing you have access to 30 hours teaching.
Alternatively, if you have access to 100 hours teaching you could progress to a Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training.