The Level 3 Award is a pre-service qualification providing an introduction to the knowledge and skills needed for teaching in further education and skills sector
As part of the course, you will look at roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training; relevant legislation, using inclusive approaches and the principles and practices of assessment.
Teaching & learning
You will be taught through a variety of methods including:
- Short lectures
- Whole group discussion
- Small group work
- Practical tasks
- Case studies
- Demonstration, presentations and micro-teaching sessions.
Mandatory units comprise:
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training.
- Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training.
- Understanding assessment in education and training.
Minimum entry requirements
- You should have a minimum of a Level 2 qualification in English and Maths OR be able to demonstrate the ability to write at an appropriate level to complete assignments at Level 3.
- This qualification is useful for anyone considering a teaching career or providing training in the workplace.
- An initial assessment may be conducted prior to commencement of this programme.
How will I be assessed?
Formal assessment is via a portfolio which includes 3 unit assignments and evidence of a microteaching session.
Information & support
You will need to provide writing materials.
Course fees & Duration
There is a tuition fee of £460.
What can I do with this qualification?
You could progress to a Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training providing you have access to 30 hours teaching.
Alternatively, if you have access to 100 hours teaching you could progress to a Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training.