This is a first stage teaching qualification that will provide a fundamental understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a teacher/trainer.
You will cover legislation, equality, diversity, inclusivity and meeting the needs of learners.
It includes the use of initial and diagnostic assessments and requires candidates to plan and deliver inclusive teaching and learning, carry out assessments of and for learning and use resources effectively.
Teaching & learning
You will be taught through a variety of methods including:
- Short lectures
- Whole group discussion
- Small group work
- Case studies
Mandatory units comprise:
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Planning to meet the needs of learners in education and training
- Delivering education and training
- Assessing learners in education and training
- Using resources for education and training
Minimum entry requirements
- You must have access to a minimum of 30 hours teaching to complete this qualification.
- You should have a minimum of a Level 2 qualification in English and Maths OR be able to demonstrate the ability to write at an appropriate level to complete assignments at Level 3.
- Proof of identity, original certificates of qualifications and a DBS/CRB Enhanced Disclosure must be presented at interview.
- An initial assessment may be conducted prior to commencement of this programme.
How will I be assessed?
Formal assessment includes a teaching practice portfolio, unit assignments and 3 observed teaching sessions.
Information & support
You will need to provide writing materials.
Course fees & Duration
There is a tuition fee of £1,520.
What can I do with this qualification?
On completion you could progress to Learning and Development qualifications or Assessment and Quality Assurance qualifications.
You could also choose to complete a Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training if you have access to 100 hours teaching.