This course has been designed for those who are working or wishing to work as a teacher or training provider.
There is a practice requirement to this qualification which requires you to have access to at least 100 teaching hours.
Mandatory units comprise:
- Teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- Developing teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- Theories, principles and models in education and training
- Wider professional practice and development in education and training
Minimum entry requirements
- You should be qualified/experienced in the subject you intend to teach.
- If you wish to teach Level 2 Maths, English or ESOL you should be Level 3 qualified.
- You will undertake an initial assessment of skills in English, Maths and ITC to teach Level 2 language(s), English or Maths.
- You must have access to a minimum of 100 hours teaching to complete this qualification.
- Proof of identity, original certificates of qualifications and a DBS/CRB Enhanced Disclosure must be presented at interview.
How will I be assessed?
Formal assessment includes a teaching practice portfolio, unit assignments and 8 observed teaching sessions and 4 in a specialist area.
Information & support
You will need to provide writing materials.
Course fees & Duration
There is a tuition fee of £3,200 (£1,600 per year), plus a £221 registration and certification fee.
You may be eligible for an HE loan through Student Finance England.
What can I do with this qualification?
On completion you could progress to Learning and Development qualifications or Assessment and Quality Assurance qualifications including:
Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (English: Literacy), (English:ESOL), (Mathematics: Numeracy), (Disabled Learners) (QCF)