Education and Training (QCF) – L3 Award
Type: Part Time
Awarding Body: City & Guilds Download/print details
Download PDF application form Enquire online
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training is a knowledge-based introduction to teaching and/or training which has no teaching practice requirement.
It covers the knowledge and skills required by teachers/trainers in the further education and training skills sector. The course looks at roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training; relevant legislation, using inclusive approaches and the principles and practices of assessment.
Course Structure & Teaching Methods
Course content and structure:
3 credits must be achieved from this unit:
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training. 3 credits, Level 3, Mandatory unit, Education and Training unit
6 credits must be achieved from these units:
- Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training. 6 credits, Level 3, Optional unit, Education and Training unit
- Facilitate learning and development in groups. 6 credits, Level 3, Optional unit, Learning and Development unit
- Facilitate learning and development for individuals. 6 credits, Level 3, Optional unit, Learning and Development unit
3 credits must be achieved from these units:
- Understanding assessment in education and training. 3 credits, Level 3, Optional unit, Education and Training unit
- Understanding the principles and practices of assessment. 3 credits, Level 3, Optional unit, Learning and Development unit
Teaching will include a variety of methods: short lectures, whole group discussion, small group work, practical tasks, case studies, demonstration, presentations and micro-teaching sessions. The delivery of teacher training at Brockenhurst College aims to provide ideas for your own practice.
Formal assessment is via a portfolio which includes 3 unit assignments and evidence of a microteaching session.
Information & Support
You will need to provide writing materials. Please let our staff know if you need any additional support or reasonable adjustments - we will do all we can to help. We can also tailor learning materials to suit particular needs.
Experienced and competent staff at our adult learning centres can help you decide on your course and progression options. If you feel you would benefit from more in depth careers advice please contact: The National Careers Service - Call 0800 100 900 Lines are open 8am to 10pm, 7 days a week or https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk. Practical help and advice is also provided to assist students with any kind of disability or individual need, including people for whom English is not their first language. Please contact our centre staff to discuss your needs prior to starting your course.
Qualifications gained from this course:
Level 3 Award in Education and Training (QCF) 12 credits.
On completion learners may progress to the level 4 Certificate in Education and Training provided they have 30 hours teaching, Learning and Development qualifications, or Assessment and Quality Assurance qualifications. Those with 100 hours teaching may progress to a level 5 Diploma in Education and Training.
Available Dates and Locations
Please contact us to register your interest for the next available start date.