Gain a specialist work-related qualification thanks to this Level 2 course.
You'll be able to prepare for employment or develop your career if you are already in work.
You will cover:
- Working effectively and safely in the electrotechnical environment
- Principles of electrotechnology
- Application of Health & Safety
- Installation in buildings and structures
Minimum entry requirements
- Four GCSEs at grade 4 and above to include Maths, English and Science.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed in the form of exams and practical assessments as you progress through the course.
There will be a requirement for a block week assessment for some of the larger projects.
Information & support
Work experience is a compulsory element to this course. You can use your own contacts or organise this with help from the College. All work placements will require a Health & Safety check prior to your placement.
You will also be required to demonstrate that you are actively seeking employment within your related sector. We will support you with this.
Safety footwear must be worn in the workshop and work clothes are recommended.
Course fees & Duration
There is a tuition fee of £995 plus a £250 fee for materials.
What can I do with this qualification?
With further training or study, students may progress into careers in the Construction industry or the following courses including:
- Site Carpentry or Bench Joinery Level 3
- Apprenticeship in Site Carpentry or Bench Joinery