If you are employed as an events assistant, or have been offered such employment, then you can acquire and develop key skills to help you progress at work thanks to this programme.
Event Assistant is an entry-level position, typically working within a team of people at an events company or within the events department of a larger organisation.
The role encompasses a diverse range of tasks such as searching for the right locations and venues; working with the design team on the look and feel of the event, and organising logistics like transportation and catering.
Typical events include conferences, meetings, trade shows, exhibitions, cultural events, sporting events and music shows.
Why choose Brock for Event Assistant Apprenticeship Level 3?
By choosing Brockenhurst College you will be supported by designated assessors who understand the industry and have wide experience of planning, organising, delivering and evaluating various kinds of events.
Teaching & learning
You will learn the skills, knowledge and behaviours you need to take your customer service abilities to the next level.
You will compile a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate your progress and have regular contact with your college assessor.
There will also be a requirement for 20% off-the-job-training, which could see you undertake work-shadowing, make visits and conduct independent research.
You will study the following areas:
- Managing your time effectively by understanding how to prioritise tasks according to their importance.
- Using software packages to create various documents.
- Understanding aspects of event logistics including venue limitations, delegate management, transport, accommodation and catering.
- Assessing how various elements of an event fit together.
- Regulation and policies that are relevant to your job role.
Acquiring the skills to maintain relationships with colleagues, suppliers.
Minimum entry requirements
- Functional Skills Maths and English at Level 2.
- You must be working, or desire to work in the world of event planning/management.
- You will need to have good problem solving skills to help you respond quickly to situations when under pressure.
How will I be assessed?
There is a focus on continuous assessment through detailed feedback.
Importantly, you will undertake an End Point Assessment once you and your employer agree you are ready.
This assessment will comprise the following components:
- Professional Discussion
What can I do with this Apprenticeship?
This qualification can lead to a supervisory role at major event locations such as football clubs, theatres and race tracks, as well as places like hotels and educational institutions.
On successful completion of this qualification you may wish to pursue workplace opportunities with more responsibility.
You can also aim for promotion, a new job, and/or higher-level study.