Falls represent the most frequent and serious type of accident in people aged 65 and over, with 10,000 falls happening each day.
Falls often have both a physical and mental impact, as they can result in lack of confidence, isolation, fractures and broken bones. This course is ideal for anyone working in health and social care and those who have contact with older people who are more susceptible to falls.
You will study the following units:
- Falls in context
- The risk factors and causes of falls
- Falls assessment and prevention
- Managing falls
Information & support
As a learner you will:
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification.
- Evidence your competency to employers.
- Further your personal and professional development.
- Learn how to reduce the risk of falls.
- Learn without the need to attend college.
Course fees & Duration
This course is fully funded for those who are 19+ and a UK/EU resident.