If you love the beautiful game and want to forge a career in football coaching, then this course is your ideal starting point.
Among other things, you will learn about the principles of safe, ethical and effective practice in leading activity sessions.
As a result, you will achieve the required standard of occupational competence in activity leadership to work in a sports and leisure environment.
Importantly, you will have the opportunity to study English and/or Maths GCSE to improve your skills in these vital subjects. You may also study A Level subjects alongside this course.
Why choose Brock for Football Coaching Studies Level 2 Certificate?
At Brock we are fortunate to have outstanding outdoor learning facilities for sport.
These comprise: a fully equipped gym and fitness studio, 25 acres of playing fields, a floodlit full-size artificial turf pitch and 5-a-side pitch, and brand new purpose-built changing facilities.
You will benefit from a wealth of professional visitors, including past and present players and coaches. Speakers visit from the FA, Southampton FC, AFC Bournemouth, West Bromwich Albion and Southampton Solent University, among other places.
You can also join our thriving Football Academy.
Teaching & learning
You will learn though a well-balanced blend of methods that combine practical skills with theoretical learning.
Your lessons will take place both indoors and outdoors using the College’s range of sports facilities.
A key part of this course involves spending time in professional settings. This is designed to motivate you while teaching you routine professional practices.
You will also benefit from our links to various employers in the leisure industry.
- Gain an insight into football, how it’s played and how to better support the development of future players.
- Develop your ability to coach football at grass roots level.
- Receive a detailed introduction to basic game formats, key rules, plus the England DNA coaching fundamentals and playing principles.
- Learn through practical coaching opportunities both on the course and, where possible, with your own teams.
- Acquire important skills in providing emergency aid, which is one of the key things employers want to see.
- Learn about safeguarding children in football, giving you an important wealth of knowledge that is fundamental in today’s under 18 coaching environment.
Minimum entry requirements
Four GCSEs at grade D or grade 3, In addition, you must:
- Have a keen interest in sport
- Be working or on an appropriate long term work placement in a relevant activity leadership role
- Be at least 16 years of age
What can I do with this qualification?
This course prepares you for employment or higher education in Football Studies.
Depending on your prior learning it can also lead to broader educational programmes such as Sports Coaching, Physical Education, Fitness Instruction, Sports Development, Sports Management, and Sport and Exercise Science.
Furthermore, having this recognised qualification will make you a more suitable candidate for junior level employment, apprenticeships and enhanced work experience opportunities.
I joined the hockey academy at Brockenhurst college to further develop my ability as both a player and as a coach. The best part of being in the academy is the social side on and off the pitch alongside the amount of games you get to play throughout the year. I feel that being in the academy has developed my ability in all aspects of the game.
Overall A Level pass rate
Of students gained A* to B
Of students gained A* to C