You can gain the knowledge and skills to operate a forklift truck at work, opening doors to new job roles and higher pay, thanks to this programme.
At the end of the four-day theory course you will undergo a formal written test on all theoretical areas covered. You will then complete a five-day course of practical training and assessment to gain your licence.
As a learner you will work towards the following qualifications:
- Health and Safety in the Workplace - Level 2
- Forklift Operatives’ Training – Counterbalance
- City and Guilds Employability Skills
Training will include:
- Understanding the risks involved in operating a forklift truck.
- Learning the legal requirements associated with forklift truck operations.
- Identifying the basic construction, purpose, function and controls of a truck.
- Gaining the knowledge for undertaking pre-use and running checks.
- Driving the truck with and without loads, ensuring stability and control.
- Setting up and lifting various loads within the full working range of a truck.
- Placing and retrieving loads accurately, including on a vehicle bed or trailer.
- Placing the truck in and out of service condition.
Information & support
- Must have ID (Passport / Driving licence / Birth certificate).
- Must be unemployed and claiming benefits (JSA / ESA / UC / IS).
- Must complete a literacy and numeracy assessment.
Individual support with:
- Job search and applications
- CV writing
- Interview preparation and practice