A Forklift driver is responsible for moving goods on loaded pallets safely and efficiently. A licence or certificate is required for roles that require individuals to drive a forklift truck. This is to ensure they are trained and qualified to undertake the role. This course is designed for people who require instruction at basic level in operating a counterbalance forklift in an industrial/warehouse environment. It is also useful for experienced operators who require refresher training.
Course Structure & Teaching Methods
The course is in two parts – soft skills and practical training.
- Part 1 enables you to gain employability skills appropriate for the sector and prepare you to apply for particular roles.
- Part 2 enables you to gain the sector-specific skills required for operating a counterbalance forklift, including theory and practical examinations. Upon successful completion you will be able to obtain a photocard certificate that will be valid for three years.
Information & Support
- Must have ID (Passport / Driving licence / Birth certificate).
- Must be unemployed and claiming benefits (JSA / ESA / UC / IS).
- Must be 19+ (at the start of the academic year).
Available dates and locations
Please ask your work coach or job advisor to call 023 8068 2571 and book you an Initial Provider Interview with a view to starting on the next available start date