GCSE Physics – Adult
Type: Part Time
Awarding Body: AQA Download/print details
Download PDF application form Enquire
You can unlock new knowledge about the key physical processes in the natural world by opting to study GCSE Physics.
This subject explores mechanics, heat, sound, electricity, magnetism, light and other radiation, and the structure of atoms.
By the end of this course you will have developed skills in scientific thinking, experimentation, analysis and evaluation.
You will also have expanded your scientific vocabulary along with your knowledge of quantities, units, symbols.
Course Structure & Teaching Methods
- Particle model of matter
- Atomic structure
- Magnetism and electromagnetism
- Space physics
- You will be assessed through two exam papers, which are equally-weighted in terms of marks. Each exam lasts one hour 45 minutes.
- The exams combine multiple-choice, structured, closed short answer and open response questions.
Information & Support
- You will need to purchase a copy of the course workbook and your stationery (pens, pencils, ruler, calculator, notepaper).
- The College will provide lab coats and safety equipment, practical materials and graph paper.
By completing this course successfully, you will have achieved one science GCSE award.
This award can combine with others to enable you to study at A Level or vocational level, opening further opportunities.
It will also equip you with transferable skills in areas such as data handling, analysis, evaluation and reporting, which are useful for a range of other subjects and careers.