GRP Course in Open Moulding and Repair
Type: Part Time Day Download/print details
Download PDF application form Enquire
An inclusive course devised for industry, professionals and enthusiasts who demand hands on skills for wet lay-up and repairing GRP.
1) To identify health and safety techniques used to handle, store, COSHH and handling chemicals recommended by these regulations.
2) To identify the correct formulation of the chemicals with the resin systems to the manufacturer I.E. SP systems etc. requirements.
3) To select the correct GRP material and calculate correct ration for resin to fibre.
4) To correctly apply GRP and resin to manufacture mouldings to written specifications and industry standards.
5) To repair a GRP moulding after it has been damaged.
6) Identification of lamination defects found in the industry.
7) Be able to describe the methods and limitations of plug and mould manufacturing methods.
8) Be able to undertake a City and Guilds theory and practical examination.
Information & Support
This course will be run over one week with the theory exam on the last day.
You will be taught by means of practical demonstration and hands on experience, by our industry experienced Lecturers/Tutors. On day one there will be a half day theory in the classroom, to include a tour of the Marchwood facilities and Composite Mouldings where the practical will take place. All materials and tools are provided but safety footwear is required in the workshop and work clothes are recommended.
Available Dates and Locations
Please contact us to register your interest for the next available start date.