Designed to ensure learners develop the required knowledge and practical skills to implement a HACCP plan in their workplace.
- Understand the importance of HACCP based food safety management procedures
- Appreciate the need for food businesses to take a proactive approach to analysing potential food hazards
- Identify the preliminary processes for HACCP-based procedures
- Develop a HACCP-based procedure
- Understand how critical control points can be monitored and the actions that must be carried out
- Understand the need for accurate documentation and record keeping
- Acquire the practical skills to implement a HACCP plan in a food manufacturing setting
- Understand national and European regulations
The course is classroom taught with an accredited, qualified and experienced tutor.
Minimum entry requirements
Managers and supervisors of all food manufacturing businesses are responsible for the development of a food safety management system based on the Codex principles of HACCP.
You will need to bring a pencil and a notepad, a comprehensive handbook is also supplied and will cover all the information required to pass the examination.
How will I be assessed?
Learners are assessed by assignment that requires the development of a HACCP plan.
Information & support
Experienced and competent staff at our adult learning centres can help you decide on your course and progression options. Practical help and advice is also provided to assist students with any kind of disability or individual need, including people for whom English is not their first language. Please contact our centre staff to discuss your needs prior to starting your course.
What can I do with this qualification?
The tutor will discuss progression during the course.