Are you passionate about health and fitness? Are you interested in enabling and promoting healthier lifestyles? Do you want to get paid for doing a job where you get to work out?
Well look no further because this course gives you everything you need to get started in a fitness industry career.
Being a fitness professional is a rewarding vocation that involves lots of interaction with people who look to you for education and motivation.
When you graduate you could end up working for major health and fitness companies, or become your own boss as an independent practitioner.
Why choose Brock for Health, Fitness & Exercise Instruction Level 2 Diploma?
At Brock our teachers have wide and varied experience across all areas of the fitness industry. This includes working at both public and private leisure facilities in a number of different roles.
Importantly, each one remains up-to-date with all the latest guidance on safety, nutrition and best practice.
Our facilities include an air conditioned dance studio with sprung flooring, and a fully functioning gym suite where you will grow as a fitness professional.
Teaching & learning
This course is 80% practical, which means you will receive plenty of hands-on tuition and experience.
Furtherore, there will be a lot of collaboration with your peers throughout your learning, along with independent study.
You will also make good use of industry-standard manuals and IT resources in order to get the most out of your learning. These materials will serve you not just now, but for years to come.
- Study anatomy and physiology, covering the heart and circulatory system, the respiratory system, the nervous system and energy systems.
- Learn how to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments.
- Improve your speaking and listening skills, enabling you to communicate with clients effectively and motivate them to adhere to an exercise programme.
- Gain a more detailed understanding of the benefits associated with a balanced diet.
- Acquire important knowledge of the health, fitness and exercise industry as a whole, giving you insights that will support you throughout your career.
- Complete you Maths and English alongside to ensure you are qualified to enter the industry and progress to a level 3 course
Minimum entry requirements
Four GCSEs grade 3 and above to include:
- English language
In addition, you must have an enthusiasm for exercise and fitness and attend gym or fitness classes regularly. You must also be at least 16 years old.
Information & support
You will be expected to pay £100 for course manuals and uniforms.
Bursaries are available for students with low family income.
What can I do with this qualification?
Once qualified you may be able to find a route into the fitness industry as an apprentice. However, we recommend you complete a second year of study with us by taking the Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training.
All qualifications offered at Level 2 and Level 3 are recognised around the world in both public and private sectors. They can also be used to enrol for similar qualifications such as Metafit and Boxercise.
Brock has been absolutely brilliant in preparing me for my future, I feel happy and confident. My tutors are all so supportive and there is a really friendly atmosphere.
Overall A Level pass rate
Of students gained A* to B
Of students gained A* to C