Health & Safety in the Workplace Level 3 Award
Short - This course runs at various times of the year
£235 which includes certification and a handbook
£1410 for a group of 6
Courses by arrangement only
This training programme provides an opportunity to look more deeply into general health and safety from a supervisory perspective, and successful candidates will be able to help their organisation whatever the size or activity in improving health and safety.
• Concepts of Health and Safety • Accidents in the Workplace
• Ill Health in the Workplace • Legal Provisions (UK only)
• Health and Safety Organisation and Management • Supervising Health and Safety
On completing this course candidates will be able to:
• Demonstrate an understanding of the main concepts of health and safety.
• Show awareness of the benefits of health and safety culture.
• Explain the roles and responsibilities of individuals, supervisors and management in health and safety.
• Demonstrate an understanding of health and safety control and improvement strategies available to supervisors.
The course is classroom taught with an accredited, qualified and experienced tutor.
Minimum entry requirements
This course is aimed at those with a legal and moral responsibility to look after the health and safety of employees, but needs to have the knowledge and skill to be able to do this.
How will I be assessed?
Multiple choice exam at the end of the course.
Information & support
Experienced and competent staff at our adult learning centres can help you decide on your course and progression options.
Practical help and advice is also provided to assist students with any kind of disability or individual need, including people for whom English is not their first language. Please contact our centre staff to discuss your needs prior to starting your course.
What can I do with this qualification?
Knowledge and experience can be added to by attending the Certificate in Risk Assessment, Principles of COSHH and Principles of Manual Handling or the Advanced Health & Safety Programe.