Health & Safety in the Workplace Level 3 Award
Awarding Body: CIEH Download/print details
Download PDF application form Enquire
This training programme provides an opportunity to look more deeply into general health and safety from a supervisory perspective, and successful candidates will be able to help their organisation whatever the size or activity in improving health and safety.
• Concepts of Health and Safety • Accidents in the Workplace
• Ill Health in the Workplace • Legal Provisions (UK only)
• Health and Safety Organisation and Management • Supervising Health and Safety
On completing this course candidates will be able to:
• Demonstrate an understanding of the main concepts of health and safety.
• Show awareness of the benefits of health and safety culture.
• Explain the roles and responsibilities of individuals, supervisors and management in health and safety.
• Demonstrate an understanding of health and safety control and improvement strategies available to supervisors.
Course Structure & Teaching Methods
The course is classroom taught with an accredited, qualified and experienced tutor.
Multiple choice exam at the end of the course.
Information & Support
Experienced and competent staff at our adult learning centres can help you decide on your course and progression options.
Practical help and advice is also provided to assist students with any kind of disability or individual need, including people for whom English is not their first language. Please contact our centre staff to discuss your needs prior to starting your course.
Knowledge and experience can be added to by attending the Certificate in Risk Assessment, Principles of COSHH and Principles of Manual Handling or the Advanced Health & Safety Programe.
Available Dates and Locations
Please contact us to register your interest for the next available start date.