Health & Social Care (Adults) for England (QCF) Level 2 Diploma
Awarding Body: City & Guilds Download/print details
Download PDF application form Enquire
This is for people employed in delivering adult social care to individuals and covers the following health and social care sectors:
• The National Health Service
• Private Providers – Residential and Domiciliary
• Local Authorities
• Voluntary Organisations
The framework contributes towards developing a social care sector with a skilled, flexible and effective workforce whilst maintaining high quality and safe care for those that use the service.
Through completion of this apprenticeship, you will gain broad-base training in your chosen occupational area. A good knowledge platform across the sectors enables staff to move between them, by using the appropriate award for continuing professional development and by obtaining qualifications or unit credits relevant to their role.
You will need to achieve a minimum of 46 credits (QCF Framework) to gain the full Diploma.
You will study:
• Equality and Inclusion
• Personal Development
• Role of Health and Social Care Worker
• Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults
• Health and Safety
• Person-centered Support
Course Structure & Teaching Methods
You will be allocated a fully qualified assessor who will come out to the workplace or a suitable agreed environment to carry out one-to-one tutorials and observations.
During these sessions the assessor will support you to:
• Understand the portfolio and layout.
• Open and agree how individual units will be met through assessment planning.
• Carry out observation and practical competence assessments.
• You will receive support and guidance throughout the qualification.
• You will receive feedback on work produced and support to reference your evidence into your portfolio.
• The assessor will support the learner to prepare for the observation to take part in a discussion and present information.
• We will be flexible and fit in with the needs of your business and job requirements.
• Your work will be sampled on an ongoing basis by a qualified internal verifier. The external verifier from City & Guilds might also request to see you or your portfolio on one of the annual visits to the centre.
Information & Support
Experienced and competent staff at our adult learning centres can help you decide on your course and progression options.
Practical help and advice is also provided to assist students with any kind of disability or individual need, including people for whom English is not their first language. Please let our staff know if you need any additional support or reasonable adjustments – we will do all we can to help. We can also tailor learning materials to suit particular needs or make a referral to the skills development team at Brockenhurst College.
On completion of this programme you can progress to Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care (adults) if your job role is sufficient to warrant the extra responsibility at a supervisory level.
Additional Continuous Professional Development:
There are a number of courses available from Brockenhurst College, please see the adult directory or our web page www.brock.ac.uk or contact Dawn Yau to discuss other opportunities within the health and social care sector.
Once you have completed your apprenticeship you might like to extend your CPD by undertaking 30-week distant learning courses in:
• Level 2 Certificate in The Safe Handling of Medication
• Level 2 Certificate in Mental Health Awareness
• Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Dementia
• Level 2 Certificate in Equality & Diversity
• Level 2 Certificate in End of Life Care
• Level 2 Certificate in Diabetes Awareness
• Level 2 Certificate in Infection Control