This Diploma is a QCF Level 3 comprising of nine mandatory and a number of optional units. The qualification is both knowledge and competence based. You will produce a portfolio of evidence to meet performance criteria and demonstrate knowledge in your chosen area.
You will need to achieve a minimum of 58 credits (QCF Framework) to gain the full Diploma.
This is for people employed in delivering adult social care to individuals and covers the following health and social care sectors:
• The National Health Service
• Private Providers – Residential and Domiciliary
• Local Authorities
• Voluntary Organisations
You will study:
• Promoting Communication
• Equality and Inclusion
• Personal Development
• Principles of Safeguarding and Protection
• Supporting Health and Safety
• Duty of Care
• The Role of the Health and Social Care Worker
• Promote Person Centered Approaches
• Handling Information
You will follow an individual pathway and study optional units, which are specific to the area you work within and must reflect your role and responsibilities. The three pathways are Generic, Dementia or Learning Disabilities.
Minimum entry requirements
Subject to current job role.
Course fees & Duration
Training FREE for learners who are 19-23 or below on date of enrolment for the Diploma or Apprenticeship at Level 2 or 3. Also FREE for learners 24+ at date of enrolment for Diploma Level 2 or Apprenticeship at all levels.
Eligibility rules apply to all qualification.
24+ Advanced Learner Loans available.
What can I do with this qualification?
On completion of this programme you can progress to:
• Level 5 Diploma in Leadership in Health and Social Care if your job role is sufficient to warrant the extra responsibility of management.
• Apply to undertake nurse training or a number of other related health and social care professions.
There are a number of courses available from Brockenhurst College, contact Dawn Yau to discuss other opportunities within the health and social care sector.
Once you have completed your apprenticeship you might like to extend your CPD by undertaking 30-week distance learning courses in:
• Level 2 Certificate in The Safe Handling of Medication
• Level 2 Certificate in Mental Health Awareness
• Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Dementia
• Level 2 Certificate in Equality & Diversity
• Level 2 Certificate in End of Life Care
• Level 2 Certificate in Diabetes Awareness
• Level 2 Certificate in Infection Control