Poor diet and lack of exercise are recognised as some of the major contributors to ill-health. Regular exercise and a balanced diet help to reduce stress, improve sleep, reduce the risk of illness and increase life quality. Therefore, having a good understanding of diets, the role of nutrition in exercise and personal motivation is an important part of maintaining well-being.
You will study from three workbooks comprising:
Workbook 1- Understand health, well-being and exercise
- Understand the concepts of health and well-being
- Understand factors that could have a negative impact on health and well-being
- Understand factors affecting personal motivation • Understand basic anatomy and physiology
Workbook 2 - Understand the Role of Nutrition in Exercise
- Understand diet and nutrition for exercise
- Understand energy requirements for exercise
- Understand fluid replacement for exercise
Workbook 3 - Plan and prepare for personal exercise and nutrition
- Understand the importance of exercising safely
- Know how to measure personal fitness levels
- Know how to follow an appropriate personal programme of exercise and nutrition
- Know how to evaluate the personal programme of exercise and nutrition
Information & support
As a learner you will:
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification.
- Further your personal and professional development.
- Increase service standards.
- Learn the importance of health and safety within the leisure industry.
- Learn without the need to attend college
Course fees & Duration
This course is fully funded for those who are 19+ and a UK/EU resident.