Intermediate Certificate in Hospitality Services including Technical Certificate
Type: Part Time
Awarding Body: Download/print details
Download PDF application form Enquire
Who is the course for?
The course is for anyone who is employed in the Hospitality Industry who wishes to gain a professional qualification. The course covers all aspects of Health and Hygiene, Safety, communication with others and a wide variety of craft units in Reception, Housekeeping, kitchen, restaurant and bar work.
The course covers:
- NVQ Level 2 in Hospitality Services, achieving a minimum of 37 credits for the full qualification
- Functional Skills Maths Level 1
- Functional Skills English Level 1
- Technical Certificates (online tests)
The 4 components above need to be completed to obtain the full Apprenticeship qualification. The NVQ Level 2 Hospitality Services logbook is made up of units each with a credit value. 37 credits need to be achieved for the full Diploma qualification.
The Mandatory units consist of: (All to be completed 17 credits)
101 Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
104 Contribute to effective teamwork
201 Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
203 or 204 Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking/serving food
666 Employment rights and responsibilities in the hospitality sector
Optional units A: (Minimum 20 credits)
You must complete the remaining credits from the following categories depending on your job role. There is a large range of optional units within these catagories so that you can choose from many of the areas that may be worked in during your taining time: e.g. restaurant food service, houskeeping, reception , food preparation and cooking.
- Reception units
- Housekeeping units
- Food and Beverage units
- Professional Cookery units
Course Structure & Teaching Methods
- Learning materials are specifically designed for you to work through on your own and with the help of a tutor/assessor, who will help you with your studies and give feedback.
- A qualified assessor will visit you at work weekly for between 60-90 minutes.
- We will be flexible and fit in with the needs of your business and job requirements.
- Your work will be sampled on an ongoing basis by a qualified verifier.
Information & Support
This will be discussed at the enrolment and induction process. Please let our staff know if you need any additional support or reasonable adjustments - we will do all we can to help.
Our experienced and competent staff can also tailor learning materials to suit particular needs; and can help you decide on your course and progression options.
You must expect to devote time each week to private study and homework.
After completing the Level 2 course you can progress to the Level 3 Hospitality Supervision & Leadership course if your role is sufficient to warrant the extra responsibility of the supervisory level.
Available Dates and Locations
Please contact us to register your interest for the next available start date.