Intermediate Certificate in Hospitality Services including Technical Certificate
Type: Part Time
Awarding Body: Download/print details
Download PDF application form Enquire
Who is the course for?
The course is for anyone who is employed in the Hospitality Industry who wishes to gain a professional qualification. The course covers all aspects of Health and Hygiene, Safety, communication with others and a wide variety of craft units in Reception, Housekeeping, kitchen, restaurant and bar work.
The course covers:
- NVQ Level 2 in Hospitality Services, achieving a minimum of 37 credits for the full qualification
- Functional Skills Maths Level 1
- Functional Skills English Level 1
- Technical Certificates (online tests)
The 4 components above need to be completed to obtain the full Apprenticeship qualification. The NVQ Level 2 Hospitality Services logbook is made up of units each with a credit value. 37 credits need to be achieved for the full Diploma qualification.
The Mandatory units consist of: (All to be completed 17 credits)
101 Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
104 Contribute to effective teamwork
201 Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
203 or 204 Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking/serving food
666 Employment rights and responsibilities in the hospitality sector
Optional units A: (Minimum 20 credits)
You must complete the remaining credits from the following categories depending on your job role. There is a large range of optional units within these catagories so that you can choose from many of the areas that may be worked in during your taining time: e.g. restaurant food service, houskeeping, reception , food preparation and cooking.
- Reception units
- Housekeeping units
- Food and Beverage units
- Professional Cookery units
Course Structure & Teaching Methods
- Learning materials are specifically designed for you to work through on your own and with the help of a tutor/assessor, who will help you with your studies and give feedback.
- A qualified assessor will visit you at work weekly for between 60-90 minutes.
- We will be flexible and fit in with the needs of your business and job requirements.
- Your work will be sampled on an ongoing basis by a qualified verifier.
Information & Support
This will be discussed at the enrolment and induction process. Please let our staff know if you need any additional support or reasonable adjustments - we will do all we can to help.
Our experienced and competent staff can also tailor learning materials to suit particular needs; and can help you decide on your course and progression options.
You must expect to devote time each week to private study and homework.
After completing the Level 2 course you can progress to the Level 3 Hospitality Supervision & Leadership course if your role is sufficient to warrant the extra responsibility of the supervisory level.