This programme is designed to develop, support and enhance the knowledge of prospective or existing taxi and private hire drivers.
This course comprises the following nine modules:
- Health and safety in the taxi and private hire work environment
- Road safety when driving passengers in a taxi and private hire vehicle
- Professional customer service in the taxi and private hire industry
- Taxi and private hire vehicle maintenance and safety inspections
- The regulatory framework of the taxi and private hire industry
- Taxi and private hire services for passengers who require assistance
- Routes and fares in the taxi and private hire vehicle industries
- Transporting of parcels, luggage and other items in the taxi and private hire industries
- Transporting of children and young persons by taxi or private hire vehicle
How will I be assessed?
The course will be delivered to groups of learners at Brockenhurst College. However, other locations outside the local area may be available on request.
Knowledge will be tested by set multiple-choice questions. The wheelchair element will be tested by practical assessment.
Course fees & Duration
£200 - 2 day course (9:00am - 5pm)