Have the opportunity to work towards a Level 1 or 2 qualification.
This course is suitable for you if you wish to gain basic computer skills with the intention of working in an office environment.
- Word processing and file management – Create and manage files and folders; use word processing software to enter text, numbers and symbols; format basic paragraph and document properties.
- Spreadsheets – Enter and edit data accurately; insert, replicate and format arithmetical formulae; use common numerical formatting and alignment; manage and print spreadsheet and chart documents; produce pie charts, bar charts, line/column charts.
- Presentations – Set up a consistent slide layout; select fonts and enter text; import and insert images; use drawing tools; format slides and presentation; re-order slides and produce printed handouts; manage and print presentation slides.
- Email and internet – Identify and use email and browsing software; navigate the World Wide Web; use search techniques; transmit and receive email messages and attachments.
- Word processing – Create, edit and format a wide variety of documents, including business letters, memos and reports, produce tables and forms, display work effectively using pictures, styles, borders, Word Art and autoshapes and use mailmerge.
- Spreadsheets – Develop and format a spreadsheet, use formulae to calculate results, create pie, column and bar charts.
- Email and personal information management – Use advanced email features to coordinate information, set up distribution lists and use address book, manage mailbox and folders.
- Presentations – Set up a master slide, create a presentation, insert and manipulate data, control a presentation, save, print and produce support documents for a presentation and use transitional facilities and set timings.
You will be taught using the following methods:
- Question and answer
- Group discussion
You will have access to a computer and the software used for this course will be Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2013 and Internet Explorer Version 7.
Please bring along an A4 notebook/file and a memory stick (for saving files to take home). The tutor will advise in the first lesson.
How will I be assessed?
Your work will be assessed by your tutor on a regular basis from which feedback will be given to help you improve.
Your final assessment will be in the form of practical assignments which are marked by the tutor and externally moderated by the examination board, OCR (Oxford, Cambridge and RSA).
Course fees & Duration
There is a course cost of £362.
What can I do with this qualification?
Upon successful completion you could progress to ITQ Level 2 or 3.