ITQ Level 2 (OCR)
Type: Part Time
Awarding Body: OCR Download/print details
Download PDF application form Enquire
This is a level 2 course for anyone who wishes to gain/update information technology/computer skills with a view to working in an office environment. Learners will demonstrate the ability to plan, evaluate and improve procedures involving the use of IT and system tools in order to improve the productivity and efficiency of work activities.
- Create, edit and format a wide variety of documents, including business letters, memos and reports
- Produce tables and forms
- Display work effectively using pictures, styles, borders, Word Art and autoshapes
- Use Mailmerge
- Enter and amend data
- Develop and format a spreadsheet
- Use formulae to calculate results
- Create pie, column and bar charts
Email and Personal Information Management
- Use advanced email features to co-ordinate information
- Set up distribution lists and use address book
- Manage mailbox and folders
- Set up a master slide
- Create a presentation
- Insert and manipulate data
- Control a presentation
- Save, print and produce support documents for a presentation
- Use transitional facilities and set timings
Course Structure & Teaching Methods
The teaching is tutor led in well-equipped rooms with explanations, demonstrations, lectures, question and answer and discussion.
Each learner has the use of a computer.
The software used is Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2010.
The work will be assessed by the tutor on a regular basis from which feedback will be given to help improve skills.
The final assessment will take the form of practical assignments which are marked by the tutor and externally moderated by the examination board, OCR (Oxford, Cambridge and RSA).
The overall qualification will be ITQ Level 2 Certificate for IT Users.
Information & Support
Please bring along writing materials, notebook/A4 file.
Experienced and competent staff at our adult learning centres can help you decide on your course and progression options.
Practical help and advice is also provided to assist students with any kind of disability or individual need, including people for whom English is not their first language.
Please contact our centre staff to discuss your needs prior to starting your course.
ITQ – Certificate for IT Users – Level 3.