This course is aimed at those who wish to update their knowlege and skills in IT with a view to work in an office environment.
You will develop the ability to plan, evaluate and improve procedures involving the use of IT and system tools in order to improve the productivity and efficiency.
- Create, edit and format a wide variety of documents, including business letters, memos and reports
- Produce tables and forms
- Display work effectively using pictures, styles, borders, Word Art and autoshapes
- Use mailmerge
- Enter and amend data
- Develop and format a spreadsheet
- Use formulae to calculate results
- Create pie, column and bar charts
Email and personal information management
- Use advanced email features to coordinate information
- Set up distribution lists and use address book
- Manage mailbox and folders
- Set up a master slide
- Create a presentation
- Insert and manipulate data
- Control a presentation
- Save, print and produce support documents for a presentation
- Use transitional facilities and set timings
You will be taught using the following methods:
- Question and answer
- Group discussion
You will have access to a computer and the software used for this course will be Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2013 and Internet Explorer Version 7.
Please bring along writing materials and a notebook/A4 file.
How will I be assessed?
Your work will be assessed by your tutor on a regular basis from which feedback will be given to help you improve.
Your final assessment will be in the form of practical assignments which are marked by the tutor and externally moderated by the examination board, OCR (Oxford, Cambridge and RSA).
Course fees & Duration
There is a course cost of £362.
What can I do with this qualification?
Upon successful completion, you could progress to ITQ Level 3.