Learners have the opportunity of choosing to work towards a level 2 or a level 3 qualification. The course is for anyone who wishes to gain/update information technology/computer skills with a view to working in an office environment. Learners will demonstrate the ability to plan, evaluate and improve procedures involving the use of IT and system tools in order to improve the productivity and efficiency of work activities.
ITQ Level 3 Certificate for IT Users is a course leading to a qualification that allows users to demonstrate higher level computer user skills, showing employers that you are confident, competent and efficient.
Course details – Level 2
• create, edit and format a wide variety of documents, including business letters, memos and reports
• produce tables and forms
• display work effectively using pictures, styles, borders, Word Art and autoshapes
• use Mailmerge
• enter and amend data
• develop and format a spreadsheet
• use formulae to calculate results
• create pie, column and bar charts
Email and Personal Information Management
• use advanced email features to co-ordinate information
• set up distribution lists and use address book
• manage mailbox and folders
• set up a master slide
• create a presentation
• insert and manipulate data
• control a presentation
• save, print and produce support documents for a presentation
• use transitional facilities and set timings
Course details – Level 3
• Advanced word processing – formatting, referencing (footnotes, endnotes), table of contents, indexing, fields, forms, templates, advanced mail merge, linking and embedding data, collaborate and review documents, master and subdocuments, document security, watermarks and sections
• Advanced presentations – formatting, templates, drawings and images, advanced charts, create and edit diagrams, insert movies and sound, animation, linking, embedding, importing and exporting, control/customise slide shows
• Improving Productivity using IT – plan, evaluate and improve procedures involving the use of IT tools and systems in order to improve the productivity and efficiency of work activities
• Intermediate spreadsheets – develop and format a spreadsheet; use formulae to calculate results; create pie, column and bar charts
• Intermediate web page creation – Create web pages from unformatted source material; Use and format images, text and tables; Create and format an interactive form; Create relative, external and email hyperlinks; Create style sheets; Develop a familiarity of HTML code; Manage web pages
The teaching is in well-equipped rooms with explanations, demonstrations, lectures, question and answer, discussion and self learning materials. Each learner has the use of a computer. The software used is Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2010.
How will I be assessed?
The work will be assessed by the tutor on a regular basis from which feedback will be given to help improve skills. The final assessment will take the form of practical assignments which are marked by the tutor and externally moderated by the examination board, OCR (Oxford, Cambridge and RSA). The overall qualification will be ITQ Level 2 or 3 Certificate for IT Users.
Information & support
Please bring along writing materials, notebook/A4 file.
Experienced and competent staff at our adult learning centres can help you decide on your course and progression options. If you feel you would benefit from more in depth careers advice please contact: The National Careers Service - Call 0800 100 900 Lines are open 8am to 10pm, 7 days a week or https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk.
Practical help and advice is also provided to assist students with any kind of disability or individual need, including people for whom English is not their first language. Please contact our centre staff to discuss your needs prior to starting your course.
Course fees & Duration
What can I do with this qualification?
The college offers a variety of courses to further your skills in using computer software.