You can discover more about what it takes to make a good first impression when looking for work thanks to this programme.
You will participate in group discussions and team building tasks to develop confidence, communications skills and identify personal goals to ensure you are making a great first impression.
Throughout the course you will be supported by a dedicated tutor who will ensure a safe and positive learning environment.
You will look in detail at the following important areas:
- Confidence building
- Personal appearance and presentation
- Covering letters
- Jobs fairs
- Phone interviews
- Being optimistic
- Showing commitment
- Being assertive
- Having the right attitude
Information & support
- Must have ID (Passport / Driving licence / Birth certificate).
- Must be unemployed and claiming benefits (JSA / ESA / UC / IS).
- Must complete a literacy and numeracy assessment.
Individual support with:
- Job search and applications
- CV writing
- Interview preparation and practice
Fifteen hours over four-to-five days