Management Level 5 NVQ Diploma
Type: Work Based
Awarding Body: ILM Download/print details
Download PDF application form Enquire
An internationally recognised qualification that will equip you with the management skills and knowledge that are essential for business success. The programme will enhance your personal growth and development and will increase your contribution to the business. The ILM (Institute of Leadership and Management) are the global market leaders in the development, administration and assessment of leadership and management qualifications.
Candidates take four mandatory units covering developing and implementing operational plans, working productively, providing leadership and direction, and planning change. They then choose from a diverse range of optional units to complete the qualification, tailoring their learning to meet their individual and organisational needs. Each candidate must choose optional units with a combined credit value (CV) of 15. At least one unit must be at Level 5 and no more than 20 credits can be taken at Level 4.
- Establish risk management processes for an organisation
- Developing collaborative relationships with other organisations
- Promote equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion
- Promote the use of technology within an organisation
- Examine staff turnover issues in own area of responsibility
- Manage health and safety across an organisation
- Monitor and review business processes
- Conduct a quality audit
- Develop a customer-focused organisation
- Manage product development and marketing
- Develop, maintain and review personal networks
- Ensure compliance with legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirements
- Implement change in own area of responsibility
- Develop working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Review risk management processes in own area of responsibility
- Plan, allocate and monitor work in own area of responsibility 5
- Recruit staff in own area of responsibility
- Manage risk in own area of responsibility
- Support learning and development within own area of responsibility
- Address performance problems affecting team members
- Manage the achievement of customer satisfaction
- Manage a budget for own area or activity of work
- Know how to follow disciplinary procedures
- Managing grievance procedures
- Support the management of redundancies in own area of responsibility
- Implement, monitor and review health and safety policy in own area of responsibility
- Manage the environmental impact of work activities
- Support individuals to develop and take responsibility for their performance
- Manage physical resources
- Build, support and manage a team
- Manage a tendering process
- Plan and manage a project
- Analyse the market in which your organisation operates
- Manage a programme of complementary projects
- Develop and implement marketing plans
- Outsource organisational processes
- Inform strategic decision-making
- Understand the culture of an organisation
- Lead innovation within an organisation
- Prepare for and support quality audits
Course Structure & Teaching Methods
- Learning materials are specifically designed for candidates to work through on their own and with the help of a tutor/assessor, who will help them with their studies. Candidates work through support material and complete activities and assessments for each unit.
- A fully qualified assessor will visit candidates on at least 10 occasions for observation and practical competence assessments.
- Candidates will receive support and guidance throughout the NVQ qualification.
- Candidates will receive feedback on work produced
- We will be flexible and fit in with the needs of your business and job requirements
- Candidates work will be sampled on an ongoing basis by a qualified verifier.
Information & Support
Please let our staff know if you need any additional support or reasonable adjustments – we will do all we can to help. We can also tailor learning materials to suit particular needs.
Experienced and competent staff can help you decide on your course and progression options. Practical help and advice is also provided to assist students with any kind of disability or individual need, including people for whom English is not their first language.
On completion of this programme candidates can progress onto other NVQ’s offered by the College or participate in various management workshops held throughout the year.
Available dates and locations
Please contact us to register your interest for the next available start date.