You will take three mandatory units focusing on managing personal development, setting objectives and supporting team members, and planning and allocating work for the team. You then choose from a diverse range of optional units to complete the qualification, tailoring your learning to meet your individual and organisational needs. You must choose optional units with a combined credit value (CV) of 11.
- Manage personal development
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
- Manage conflict in a team
- Communicate information and knowledge
- Manage or support equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion
- Support team members to identify, develop and implement new ideas
- Lead and manage meetings
- Participate in meetings
- Make effective decisions
- Manage customer service in own area of responsibility
- Manage knowledge in own area of responsibility
- Develop, maintain and review personal networks
- Procure supplies
- Manage risk in own area of responsibility
- Build, support and manage a team
- Know how to follow disciplinary procedures
- Recruit staff in own area of responsibility
- Implement change in own area of responsibility
- Provide leadership and direction for own area of responsibility
- Develop working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Review risk management processes in own area of responsibility
- Ensure compliance with legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirements
- Plan, allocate and monitor work in own area of responsibility
- Address performance problems affecting team members
- Support learning and development within own area of responsibility
- Support individuals to develop and take responsibility for their performance
- Manage physical resources
- Manage the environmental impact of work activities
- Managing grievance procedures
- Manage a tendering process
- Support the management of redundancies in own area of responsibility
- Implement, monitor and review health and safety policy in own area of responsibility
- Plan and manage a project
- Manage the achievement of customer satisfaction
- Develop and implement marketing plans
- Prepare for and support quality audits
- Analyse the market in which your organisation operates
- Learning materials are specifically designed for you to work through on your own and with the help of a tutor/assessor, who will help you with your studies. You will work through support material and complete activities and assessments for each unit.
- A fully qualified assessor will visit you on at least 10 occasions for observation and practical competence assessments.
- You will receive support and guidance throughout the NVQ qualification.
- You will receive feedback on work produced
- We will be flexible and fit in with the needs of your business and job requirements
- Your work will be sampled on an ongoing basis by a qualified verifier.
Information & support
Please let our staff know if you need any additional support or reasonable adjustments, we will do all we can to help. We can also tailor learning materials to suit particular needs.
Experienced and competent staff can help you decide on your course and progression options.
Practical help and advice is also provided to assist students with any kind of disability or individual need, including people for whom English is not their first language.
What can I do with this qualification?
On completion of this programme you can progress onto other NVQ’s offered by the College or participate in various management workshops held throughout the year.