This course has been designed with supervisors and managers in mind. It is intended to equip you with the knowledge to ensure that you and your team operate in a hygienic and efficient manner.
It is also suitable if you are quality assurance personnel, a production manager, owner of a food business, a hygiene auditor or wishing to deliver food hygiene qualifications.
Teaching & learning
You will be taught using the following methods:
- Class teaching
- Assignment work
- Group activities
Wherever possible case studies and examples will be used based on your own workplace.
The course covers the following areas:
- Socio-economic costs of food poisoning
- Bacterial and non-bacterial food poisoning
- Food-borne infections
- Food contamination and its prevention
- Personal hygiene
- Design and construction of premises and equipment
- Food preservation.
- Food storage and temperature control
- Cleaning and disinfection.
- Pest control
- Legislation (including European)
- Education and training of food handlers
- Management control techniques (including HACCP)
Minimum entry requirements
An up to date qualification in food safety is strongly recommended.
How will I be assessed?
You will complete two assignments and a 2½ hour written exam.
Information & support
You will be required to bring a pencil and notepad.
Course fees & Duration
There is a course cost of £800 which includes a handbook and certification.