Managing Food Safety Level 4 Award
Awarding Body: Highfield Qualifications Download/print details
Download PDF application form Enquire
The course covers the following areas:
- Socio-Economic Costs of Food Poisoning.
- Bacterial and Non-Bacterial Food Poisoning.
- Food-Borne Infections.
- Food Contamination and its Prevention.
- Personal Hygiene.
- Design and Construction of Premises and Equipment.
- Food Preservation.
- Food Storage and Temperature Control.
- Cleaning and Disinfection.
- Pest Control.
- Legislation (including European).
- Education and Training of Food Handlers.
- Management Control Techniques (including HACCP).
Course Structure & Teaching Methods
A variety of teaching methods are used, these include class teaching, assignment work and group activities.
Wherever possible case studies and examples will be used based on the students own workplace.
Students will be required to complete two assignments and a 2½ hour written examination.
Information & Support
Experienced and competent staff at our adult learning centres can help you decide on your course and progression options.
Practical help and advice is also provided to assist students with any kind of disability or individual need, including people for whom English is not their first language.
Please contact our centre staff to discuss your needs prior to starting your course.